09 February 2009

Discipline and writing

I was talking to a friend the other day about weight loss and motivation.
For me it's about wanting to be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see (self-confidence), it's also about being healthy, both now and laying good foundations for the future. It's also about looking good for my husband, not taking him for granted because he put a ring on my finger. I want him to be as in lust with me now as he was when we met.
For her it was also about being able to keep up with her kids.
But we came to the conclusion that whatever your motivation, day to day, it's about discipline.
I was thinking writing is the same - it's about discipline.

Discipline sucks.

Music:
Currently reading: 'The Way of Shadows' by Brent Weeks
Just started reading this the jury's still out.
Mood: scraping together my discipline.

No comments: