11 June 2009

Health Warning

This morning I had a meeting in town, not knowing what the traffic was going to be like I left early. Naturally, since I allowed time for the traffic to be bad - it was good. Got into town early and decided to grab a coffee since I had half an hour to kill.
I was sitting there wishing I had my laptop so I could get some work done when inspiration struck. Grabbing a piece of paper I started scribbling madly. I spent 20 minutes writing the next scene in my current WIP. Yipee :) That much closer to today's word count.
I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, except to say I am clearly so in bed with technology that for a moment I forgot about writing the old fashioned way :)

A close friend sent me this and in the interests of public health and safety I thought I should pass it on...
I went to a dinner party last night, where I, and other guests, enjoyed copious amounts of alcohol. I awoke this morning not feeling well, with what could be described as flu-like symptoms; headache, nausea, chills, sore eyes, etc.

From the results of some initial testing, I have unfortunately tested positive for what experts are now calling Wine Flu. This debilitating condition is very serious- and it appears this is not an isolated case. Reports are flooding in from all around the neighbourhood of others diagnosed with Wine Flu.

To anyone that starts to exhibit the aforementioned tell-tale signs, experts are recommending a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down. However, should your condition worsen, you should immediately hire a DVD and take some Nurofen [Nurofen seems to be the only drug available that has been proven to help combat this unusual type of flu].

Others are reporting a McDonald's Happy Meal can also help in some cases.

Wine Flu does not need to be life threatening and, if treated early, can be eradicated within a 24-48 hour period. If not, then further application of the original liquid in similar quantities to the original dose has been shown to do the trick.

Good luck.

No comments: