31 August 2009

Alternative covers

I was thinking about my lovely cover when I saw two alternative covers for the same book and it got me thinking.
I've always noticed the difference between US & UK covers (especially in fantasy). So what difference does the cover make?
Are markets that different? Sometimes the covers tell a totally different story about the book inside. Two covers and one can make me pick up a book and another I'll walk on by.
Check out these and see what you think. I've added links to the blurbs (on Amazon) because that gives you one more piece in the puzzle...

'Sweeping up Glass' I thought was one of the most interesting variances. The others I admit I found quite quickly, and there are so many more examples....

Music: The Smiths
Currently reading: 'Lavender Morning' by Jude Deveraux

No comments: