13 October 2009

Mapping sin

In my wanderings around the web I came across this: American Vice: Mapping the seven deadly sins. It so intrigued me, I had to share it with you.

They say - "We're gluttons for infographics, and a team at Kansas State just served up a feast: maps of sin created by plotting per-capita stats on things like theft (envy) and STDs (lust). Christian clergy, likely noting the Bible Belt's status as Wrath Central, question the "science." Valid point—or maybe it's just the pride talking."

As a romance writer I thought I would post the 'lust' map. Number of STD cases reported per capita.
On a side note: Writing my last post reminded me about Hopscotch by Rebbecca York, a book I'd forgotten I had till thinking about spies. I couldn't remember reading anything else of hers so I popped out to the library and grabbed a few others. Very pleasant, light Intrigue reads.

music: Chris Isaak
Currently reading: 'The Final Sacrifice' by Patricia Bray
Last book in the trilogy, and it's a re-read so the series gets a thumbs up from me.

No comments: